Saturday, August 30, 2008

Praying for Poop and a Breastmilk Baptismal

Wow. I think the title post says it all.

The past week and a half has been the most challenging to date. The girls have not been feeling the greatest and crying alot...like all day. I have been so worried and exhausted and frustrated all at the same time. We are trying some new formula, moved away from the breastmilk for a little bit to see if that is going to help. Alex was having pooping issues too (sorry for being so blunt). Finally, she went!! Who would have guessed that Rob and I would be so excited for that to happen!

On Thursday, I should have guessed it was going to be a rough day. Keegan decided that she was not interested in sleeping and insisted on being held while I tried to pump. I was sitting in my parents living room with her on my lap and trying to hold onto my pump when I realized I needed to change the bottles...Hmm..I tried to change the bottle while holding Keegan and continuing to pump. I was doing so good and then I lost balance and Keegan was doused with breastmilk all over her forehead. But, she didn't flinch. Then I looked out the window and realized my parents lawn boy had been mowing the whole time and the window had been open the whole time. It was awesome =)

Today, the girls have been great. I was able to stay with my parents while Ro, his sister Erin and Lenore (Rob's Mom) watched the girls. I did feel guilty not being with the girls, but loved being able to relax a bit!

I am off to hang out with the girls...Fussy time is starting =)

No comments:

Post a Comment