Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a ton of fun. We travelled up to my father-in-law's home and the girls did awesome. They slept through the night 4 out of 5 nights! This is a major breakthrough for us. Typically, the girls would not sleep anywhere besides their cribs. We did learn several things during this past trip, which I thought I should share
1) Portable DVD players with dual monitors are AMAZING. I always thought that I would
never let my kids watch tv...but the last time I went up to wisconsin, I vowed to never
return. That was how bad it was this past summer. This time, we borrowed a dvd player and
it totally kept them occupied after their car naps!
2) Alex now pretends to be hurt after seeing her sister fall and get hurt. She literally saw
Keegan fall down one stair and then get swooped up by me. She then slowly crawled down the
stairs and then laid flat out and waited for someone to comfort her. The bottom lip even
started to come out!
3) Their vocabulary is really taking off. Words are starting to form and the words they can't
say, they understand what they mean.
4) I already knew this one, but....my girls are amazing. They have just grown up so much in the past year and I am so proud of them.

I can't wait to see what they will do next, but I also don't want them to grow up anymore. I want to freeze time...

No comments:

Post a Comment